E-learning (or eLearning) is the use of electronic media and information and communication technologies (ICT) in education. E-learning is broadly inclusive of all forms of educational technology in learning and teaching. E-learning is inclusive of, and is broadly synonymous with multimedia learning, technology-enhanced learning (TEL), computer-based instruction (CBI), computer managed instruction, computer-based training (CBT), computer-assisted instruction or computer-aided instruction (CAI), internet-based training (IBT), web-based training (WBT), online education, virtual education, virtual learning environments (VLE) (which are also called learning platforms), m-learning, and digital educational collaboration. These alternative names emphasize a particular aspect, component or delivery method.
E-learning includes numerous types of media that deliver text, audio, images, animation, and streaming video, and includes technology applications and processes such as audio or video tape, satellite TV, CD-ROM, and computer-based learning, as well as local intranet/extranet and web-based learning. Information and communication systems, whether free-standing or based on either local networks or the Internet in networked learning, underly many e-learning processes.
E-learning can occur in or out of the classroom. It can be self-paced, asynchronous learning or may be instructor-led, synchronous learning. E-learning is suited to distance learning and flexible learning, but it can also be used in conjunction with face-to-face teaching, in which case the term blended learning is commonly used.
E-learning in learning and education refers to the use of modern technology, such as computers, digital technology, networked digital devices (e.g., the Internet) and associated software and courseware. There are several aspects to describing the intellectual and technical development of e-learning, which can be categorized into discrete areas. These are addressed in turn in the sections of this article:
e-learning as an educational approach or tool that supports traditional subjects;
e-learning as a technological medium that assists in the communication of knowledge, and its development and exchange;
e-learning itself as an educational subject; such courses may be called “Computer Studies” or “Information and Communication Technology (ICT)”;
e-learning administrative tools such as education management information systems (EMIS).
UJIAN TENGAH SEMESTER
Mata Kuliah : SISTEM INFORMASI MANAJEMEN
Prodi : Pendidikan Administrasi Perkantoran
Tahun : 2013/2014
Jawablah soal-soal di bawah ini dengan lengkap dan jelas, pada kertas folio bergaris!
- Jelaskan mengapa suatu perusahaan membutuhkan sistem informasi?
- Jelaskan perbedaan antara SIM, SPT, dan DSS!
- Jelaskan maksud bahwa Sistem Informasi merupakan salah satu sumber daya perusahaan!
- Jika anda seorang manajer kantor, program aplikasi apa saja yang harus kantor anda miliki. Jelaskan alasannya!
- Jelaskan lima jenis media komunikasi data beserta kelebihan dan kekurangannya masing-masing!
- Jelaskan perbedaan pengembangan sistem dengan cara RAD dan SDLC, beserta kelebihan dan kekurangannya!
- Buatlah gambar hubungan relasional antar tabel untuk database sistem pengelolaan surat suatu kantor!
- Jelaskan kelebihan dan kekurangan sistem informasi berbasis jaringan WAN (internet) dibandingkan dengan jaringan LAN dan MAN!